Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tour De Fleece: Adventures in Spinning

Well.....  So far so good.  I made a goal to spin 4 times a week for a minimum of 15 minutes on my top whorl drop spindle, because I am still learning.  I have one natural white cop of a fairly even single.  No idea the yardage.  I plan on making three cops of the same size and plying them together.  It is Thursday and I am on day 3 of spinning this week.  I will get in my fourth day tomorrow, and be true to my goal for the first week of this year's Tour De Fleece.  I am hoping that my goal of 4 days a week will result in three cops ready to ply before the end of the Tour.  I have actually been doing about half an hour a day instead of 15 minutes, so I feel very productive.  After I removed the first cop today I went ahead and spun a little bit to get started on the next single, so that tomorrow I can just pick it up and go.  I am still having plenty of problems with breaking, tangling, uneven singles, but I am getting a lot better.  I don't know what I will make out of my yarn once it becomes a yarn, but I can't wait!

Here is the first cop of spun singles.  Ready and waiting for two more to be ready to ply.  Somewhat thick and thin, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment