Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ups and Downs

Well since my last entry, things have been rather erratic.  I guess maybe I have gotten a little too excited about selling patterns, as no more sales have occurred since my last posting.  Hmm...  Well my next pattern should be a major improvement.  This first one was rather basic to test the waters in selling patterns.  I figured I better start to make something off my hobby, as my regular job isn't a very big paycheck.

However, life is good.  I have finally finished all the pieces to my Celebration Tunic done in neutrals instead of rainbow.  The pattern was in issue 100 of Knitters Magazine.  I still have to assemble the sweater and weave in more ends than anyone can ever be thrilled about.  And you know what?  I just don't want to do it this week.

In other news, I have started weaving.  My second project came out pretty fabulous.  It is a shawl in rainbow colors and black.  I am thinking of selling it, as I have no idea what I will ever wear it with.  My third project is coming along rather nicely, and I think I will be selling it as well.  Actually, it is probably going to be a demo from which I sell custom versions of the same design.  No pictures of this yet, as I would like people to see the finished design first.
I have finished a fun hand towel for the stepdaughter who wipes toothpaste on all my towels so she can be free to smother it in toothpaste to her heart's content and I won't dry my hands on something sticky.  I think I'll make a couple more of these.

Oh, and...  that is probably enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment