Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012: Working Towards Success

So, as my friends and family all know, I am anti-resolution.  No one keeps them.  What is the point in making them?  Instead, I am working on my lifestyle.  Currently, I sit around way too much.  Granted I am knitting on projects for work, classes, or pattern design, but I end up out of breath walking around the mall or downtown.  I need to make it a point to walk more.  Running is out of the question since I have bad knees and shin splints.  So this is me attempting to be healthier.  Eat better and walk more.

Then there is working on my career and obviously income.  I work part time at a yarn shop.  While it is the most exciting job I have ever had, income-wise, I need to do more.  I am working on pattern designs a lot lately.  I would really like to get my name out there and get those patterns moving.  I have several on Ravelry up for sale or free to download, and more are always on the way.  I am deciding what the best way to market myself is, and that is where I am not sure how to continue.  I would love to get one of my patterns into something like Interweave Knits or Vogue Knitting.  So here is my hope, that by the end of the year I  have a steady income off of my patterns.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I dont make resolutions, just small goals during the year. Otherwise it feels like to much pressure!
    Very envious that you work in a LYS!!

    ReplyDelete